We are Healing Synergy
We equip families with the tools to inspire confidence in their sensory children through customized play-based therapy.
Healing Synergy specializes in occupational, physical, and feeding therapy for children with sensory processing difficulties, feeding and swallowing disorders. We combine traditional therapy practices with custom, home programs tailored to your child’s needs, strengths, and treatment goals.
What gets us out of bed in the morning? Our dedication to providing only the highest level of care to nurture your child’s growth and quality of life. We’re driven by a passion to help your child embrace their world with wonder, equip them with the strategies to take on each new day with confidence, and create a near-future where good days outweigh the bad.
Get to know Healing Synergy's founder, Dr. Kavitha Krishnan
Dr. Kavitha Krishnan has been a practicing pediatric occupational therapist for over 20 years. After receiving her Bachelor’s of Science with honours in Occupational Therapy from Teeside University, Dr. Krishnan went on to obtain her Masters in Health Rehabilitation from the University of Pittsburgh before achieving her Doctorate of Occupational Therapy from the University Of Illinois-Chicago.
As part of her fellowship training in 2012, Dr. Krishnan presented a policy brief on services for children, transitioning youth and adults with autism to Illinois House Representatives on Capitol Hill.
Dr. Krishnan has undergone extensive training and received specialized certifications for:
- Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (LEND) Fellowship
- Certified Camp Avanti Practicum therapist for children with sensory processing challenges
- Certified Beckman Oral motor feeding and M.O.R.E. Feeding Therapist
- Certified in Therapeutic listening
- Completion of International Professional Program at Centro AnnSullivan Del Peru
She established Healing Synergy in 2019 to help families understand their child’s sensory challenges and support them in reaching and surpassing developmental milestones through holistic play-based therapy.
Outside of her patient work, you can find Dr. Krishnan enjoying time outdoors with her husband Kolby and their dog Whiskey.Schedule an evaluation with Dr. Krishnan today
This is why we do what we do
"Kavitha is a patient, caring, committed and honest therapist with lots of knowledge who will work hard to help your child accomplish their goals! She worked with my son for about 2 years and always greeted us with a smile, answered any questions and made the sessions fun and enjoyable for my boy."
What makes us different?Our People
Amber graduated from Cape Fear Community College’s Occupational Therapy Assistant program in 2020
- Has experience working with children who have Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, sensory processing
disorder and regulation issues, developmental delays, Cerebral Palsy,
and fine motor difficulties
- Has worked with children in one-on-one and group settings
Kathleen graduated from Brown Mackie Occupational Therapy Assistant program of Atlanta in 2016
- Is a Level l Certified Fascia Stretch Therapist and incorporates her expertise in her treatments.
- Has experience in working with children and adolescents with autism, sensory processing, emotional regulation, fine motor and feeding issues.
Camille graduated from Winston-Salem State with her Masters of Occupational Therapy
- Specializes in children experiencing fine motor and gross motor delays, feeding difficulties, sensory processing disorder, visual motor, perceptual difficulties, and developmental delays
- Leans into practical strategies, coping methods and leverages each child’s individual strengths to create an effective treatment plan
Jessica graduated from Pennsylvania State University with an Associate of Science of Occupational Therapy in 2016
- Has experience working in schools, outpatient and early intervention settings
- Is comfortable working with children who have Autism Spectrum Disorder, sensory processing disorder and regulation issues, fine motor delays, and difficulties completing daily selfcare tasks and social skills
Hope Taft graduated from Pitt Community College Occupational Therapy Assistant program in 2000.
- Has experience working with children with sensory integration, multiple disabilities and injuries in the home, daycare, and school system.
- Tuned into the importance of a holistic approach, respecting the child, family and all other caregiver’s input and insights. Her motto is, “What I can’t. We can!”.
Janna M. BoettcherCOTA/L
Janna graduated from Housatonic Community College in Bridgeport, CT, Occupational Therapy Assistant program in 2011.
- Has experience in working and supporting families on all levels with young children from birth to age 3, children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down’s Syndrome, feeding difficulties, sensory processing challenges, behavioral, motor and neurodevelopmental disorders.
- She is also fluent in Spanish, holding a bachelor’s degree in Spanish Language from Wake Forest University.
Lisa graduated from Northeastern University from the Physical Therapy Program in 1988.
- Has experience in Children’s Extended Care Center, a pediatric skilled nursing facility, pediatrics in the home care setting and public school system. Supporting families caring for children with a variety of medical and developmental needs.
- Understanding of the effects of trauma and neglect on development and overall health, as well as sensory processing issues and behavioral issues in children.
Erinn TraceyOffice Administrator
Erinn graduated from Medical Careers Institute in 2013 with her Associates of Applied Science in Medical Assisting
- Oversees all incoming referrals, authorizations, billing, scheduling, and employee onboarding, plus training
- Enjoys working behind the scenes of Healing Synergy to ensure operations are running smoothly for the therapists and their clients
Krishna GajeraOTD OTR/L
Krishna Gajera graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University’s entry-level Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) degree program in May 2020.
- Has experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, sensory processing/sensory regulation disorder, developmental delays, fine motor, and handwriting difficulties.
- Advocate for holistic approach, cultural/ family collaboration, cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion, and has native/bilingual proficiency in English and Gujarati and working proficiency in Hindi.
WhiskeyOccupational Sleep Therapist
Whiskey is Healing Synergy’s resident rescue puppy. She’s super friendly, affectionate, and enjoys snuggles. She loves playing in the water, long walks, car rides, fish, peanut butter bones, and ice cream on hot summer days!